The new Ambulatory Care and Diagnostics Centre (ACAD) will represent a multi-million pound investment in services at Heartlands Hospital, which will benefit patients, staff and local communities.
Due to open in late 2020, the four-storey building will cover a 16,000m2 footprint, with each floor being around 3,600m2 – approximately half the size of Wembley’s football pitch.
Located on the Lower Ground Floor, the centre’s diagnostic services will cover 3,600m2 and will offer the latest in diagnostic imaging. The co-location of this service with outpatient clinics and day case theatres will offer patients a purpose-built ambulatory care environment.
The planned services for this floor will incorporate:
- 2 X-ray rooms
- Ultrasound rooms
- 2 CT scanners
- 2 MRI scanners
- Multi-language and disabled-friendly self check-in
- Patient information points
- Comfortable waiting areas
- Baby changing and feeding facilities
- Accessible facilities such as adapted toilets and
- Patient changing rooms and lockers
- Staff facilities including meeting rooms, showers, changing rooms, lockers and a large staff room
The procedures floor, located on the Second Floor, will include 2 state-of-the-art interventional radiology suites and 3 image intensifiers for theatre imaging.
Further information may be found at the ACAD website.